HOURS / WEEK
Position Purpose / Summary
This position is a multi-discipline opportunity to develop civil engineering skills in a team-oriented atmosphere. Applicants that demonstrate self-motivation and a design to obtain skills and apply them to three-dimensional site modeling with an emphasis on producing high-quality construction documents and written reports. This position also offers mentoring opportunities as part of a path to obtain professional engineering licensure. River City also offers an optional 4-day work week. Pay is hourly with time and a half for hours worked in excess of 40 per week.
Essential job Functions
- Work primarily in the office utilizing Autocad Civil 3D to design a variety of engineering projects.
- Develop proficiency in engineering of site grading, streets, sidewalks, parking areas, and utilities.
- Research and understand code requirements for local jurisdictions, engineering solutions that comply with these requirements.
- Produce clear and concise submittal plan sets and construction documents.
- Plan daily activities to meet productivity goals.
- Communicate with supervisor and office staff about all aspects of the project.
- Prepare daily time sheets, data logs, expense reports, and field change orders.
- Occasional work outdoors in variable weather conditions observing construction activities.
- Create clear and concise reports detailing construction activities.
- Collaborate with a multi-discipline team and communicate with clients, subconsultants, site supervisors, and contractors.
- Adheres to company policies and service line procedures.
- Follow safety protocols.
- Participate in department and training.
- Represent RCC in the field and always embody a professional image.
- Preserve and enhance the RCC brand through job knowledge.
- Occasional travel is required.
- Working from home is not optional for entry-level staff, may be considered for experienced staff.
- Required to work multiple shifts as necessary.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent social skills.
Education, Certification, and Screening Requirements
- BS in Civil Engineering
- Passing record of the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam preferred.
- Experience in Autocad Civil 3D preferred.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Must pass a drug screen and background check.
how to apply
Please use the form below to submit your application.